Book Review: Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

Title: Finding Audrey
Author: Sophie Kinsella
Published by: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Published on: June 9, 2017  



PLOT:


An anxiety disorder disrupts fourteen-year-old Audrey’s daily life. She has been making slow but steady progress with Dr. Sarah, but when Audrey meets Linus, her brother’s gaming teammate, she is energized. She connects with him. Audrey can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she’s never been able to do with anyone before. As their friendship deepens and her recovery gains momentum, a sweet romantic connection develops, one that helps not just Audrey but also her entire family. 



REVIEW:

       In this book you can truly see Sophie Kinsella's growth as an author from the Shopaholic series to Can You Keep a Secret? to this is wonderful book Finding Audrey. Her writing style and theme has improved and matured overtime.
        I love so many aspects about this book. First is the great family dynamics. I felt like I reading about my own family because of how realistic the portrayal of the members of Audrey's family are and how they interact with one another, which is loud and crazy but at the same time shows how they care for one another. My favorite scene is the jogging scene with Frank and their mother. It kinda reminds me of my siblings and I when we gang up on our mother for fun. I also like the genuine representation of a person suffering from Anxiety disorder and shows how that kind of disorder is a problem and can hinder a person in living their life to their fullest. In this book particularly, we can see how Audrey struggles to do simple daily task like going to a coffee shop or talking to other people aside from her family. And lastly, I like the relationship between Audrey and Linus. I think it is adorable, especially when they write each other notes and letters. I like that this book is not one of those "magically cured because of love kind" but rather Linus paved the way for Audrey's recovery with his little exercises. He is very patient and positive towards Audrey.
         My only problem is that it ended so abruptly. The author could have added a few more chapters after the ending. Nevertheless, I highly recommend this books. It is a fun and light read despite tackling a serious issue, which is mental health.



XOXO,
Isabel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab

Last Minute Easy Halloween Costume Ideas

New Release: The Temporary Wife by Catharina Maura