July 2019 Wrap Up

I was struck with the biggest reading slump at the end of June and the beginning of July. I just kept on picking up books and reading but my mind began to wander and I would just scroll on my phone and go in social media instead of reading. I don't know if it's because of my school work that just made lazy to read after studying long periods of time. I also realize that I began to become so emotional and moody, and all I wanted to do was to sleep and I would sleep for long periods but when I woke up I was still tired. There was even a day where I slept for 16 hours straight. 

Before the start of the third week of July, I really forced myself to read and finish a book. The book that I was currently reading at that time was Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. It was a good book but I had no motivation to finish it. I was not as interested in reading as I was before. I think it took me a week to finish the book. I really enjoyed it and I would read it again to fully enjoy the story. As soon as I finished my second book, which was Angels & Demons, a book that I started in May, I became so motivated and pushed myself to do a mini reading challenge, which was the 10 books in 16 days. It was a great way for me to catch up on my Goodreads reading challenge. Overall, I read 12 books and here are the books that I read: 

1. Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston 
Overall, a cute book. It's kinda fan fiction-y with good writing. 

2. #The Boyfriend Day by Yessenia Vargas 
3. Angels and Demons by Dan Brown 
I love the plot and how the author created the mystery. Very fast paced and action-packed. 

4. Becoming the Dark Prince (Stalking Jack The Ripper #3.5) by Kerri Maniscalco 
I am just in love with Thomas. I need more stories about him and this book makes me excited for the last book of the series, which is Capturing the White Devil. 
5. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne 
This was a nice and fun romance read. 
6. The Kiss Thief by L.J Sheen 
This was like fifty shades of grey without the bdsm. I hate the abusive relationship and the fake strong and feminist character of main protagonist. The story is also far fetched.  
7. The Wrong Prince Charming by Holly Renee
I really like the romance in this book. I love the personal growth the character goes through. I just wished the ending didn't end that abruptly. There were many things that was resolve without a proper explanation. 
8. Defy Me (Shatter Me #5) by Tahereh Mafi 
The last one was better than this one. It didn't answer the questions that I had after the fourth book. Plus there were little Juliette and Warner scenes. 
9. The Secret Girl (Adamson All-Boys Academy #1) by C.M Stunich 
With C.M Stunich books I was just looking for some trashy romance read, which I love reading especially when I am in the mood to just relax and get my mind off the real world. This book of C.M Stunich and the Rich Boys of Burberry Prep was very far fetch from reality. It has a reverse harem trope. I like The Secret Girl better because of the mystery but the main character got a bit annoying especially since she created her own problems herself. While the plot of Rich Boys of Burberry Prep and how the action of the characters were ridiculous and really far fetch, especially the bullying. 

10. Filthy Rich Boys (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep #1) by C.M Stunich 
11. Bad, Bad Blue Bloods (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep #2) by C.M Stunich 
12. The Envy of Idols (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep #3) by C.M Stunich  
13. In the Arms of the Elite (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep #4) by C.M Stunich 

 ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................
What is your favorite book that you have read last month? Please tell me below. Be sure to follow my social media accounts to see bookish stuffs or chat about books, or be reading buddies.

XOXO,
Isabel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Minute Easy Halloween Costume Ideas

GIVEAWAY: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab

New Release: The Temporary Wife by Catharina Maura