Book Signing: Lang Leav


Me with Lang Leav holding her debut novel, Sad Girls.

              Lang Leav is an international best-selling author and social media sensation. She is the winner of a Qantas Spirit of Youth Award and coveted Churchill Fellowship. Her books continue to top bestseller charts in bookstores worldwide and Lullabies, was the 2014 winner of the Goodreads Choice award for poetry.

                Lang has been featured in various publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, The Straits Times, The Guardian and The New York Times. She currently resides in New Zealand with her partner and fellow author Michael Faudet.



                      Her book signing was last June 25, 2017 and I was very fortunate enough to attend. There was only 1,000 slots allotted for the Manila signing, so I arrived at the venue, Glorietta, at around 5:20am and I got the 61st slot. It was so crazy because it was only 9am when the all of the slots were filled. I really felt bad for those who got cut off.

See if you can spot me.


                 I also got the opportunity to ask Lang a question. I have attended a lot of book signings but I never had the confidence to ask authors questions so this was my first time and I was very nervous. My voice was shaky but Lang was very kind. I asked about how she researched about Anxiety and Panic Disorder since the main character of Sad Girls, Audrey, suffers from those disorders. She said that she and some of her friends experience anxiety and with that she wrote those experiences in the book. 


             
            There were also a lot of fans who gave gifts to Lang, such as drawings and poetry. It was so sweet to see how kind the fans are. 




Talking to Lang, while she was signing my book.
         I was fangirling so hard. I actually have a video of this moment. I shared it at instagram but I excluded the audio because it was a personal moment for me. I just loved talking to her. She was very sweet and I cannot wait to meet her again soon.



              In addition, I got to see and hangout with some of my bookish friends that I met from previous book signings. I also got to meet new friends that is why I like attending book signings. Not only can you meet your favorite authors but it is also a way to meet new friends.


Me with a copy of Sad Girl
               Sad Girls is the much anticipated debut novel from international best-selling author Lang Leav. A beautifully written and emotionally charged coming of age story, where young love, dark secrets, and tragedy collide.

              School is almost out for Audrey, but the panic attacks are just beginning. Because Audrey told a lie and now her classmate, Ana, is dead. Just as her world begins to spin out of control, Audrey meets the enigmatic Rad—the boy who could turn it all around. But will their ill-timed romance drive her closer to the edge? 

If you want to see my whole review of Sad Girls click here

Question: Which author do you want to meet next? 

XOXO, 
Isabel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab

Last Minute Easy Halloween Costume Ideas

New Release: The Temporary Wife by Catharina Maura