Book Review: Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass #6) by Sarah J. Maas


Title: Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass #6)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Release Date: September 5, 2017
PLOT: 


In the next installment of the New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series, follow Chaol on his sweeping journey to a distant empire.


Chaol Westfall has always defined himself by his unwavering loyalty, his strength, and his position as the Captain of the Guard. But all of that has changed since the glass castle shattered, since his men were slaughtered, since the King of Adarlan spared him from a killing blow, but left his body broken.

His only shot at recovery lies with the legendary healers of the Torre Cesme in Antica—the stronghold of the southern continent's mighty empire. And with war looming over Dorian and Aelin back home, their survival might lie with Chaol and Nesryn convincing its rulers to ally with them.

But what they discover in Antica will change them both—and be more vital to saving Erilea than they could have imagined.

Review: 
      
This is probably the hardest book that I ever read this year. I kept reading this book and putting it down. It is not because I hate Chaol in fact it is the opposite. I was so excited for this book to come out and I finally finished it this month, which probably took longer than normal. I am not going to lie but I got bored with this book a couple of times. It took half of the book for me to really sink into the story. But nevertheless, I love how informative this book is about valgs, and spiders. I also like that they included the history of how and when the valgs came into their world.

Moving on, there is not a lot of action in this book as compared to the other Throne of Glass books but there is a lot of character growth. While reading this book I saw how Chaol, Yrene, Neryne, and Sartaq matured and resolved their own struggles. I like how Chaol got the happiness he deserve. He is my favorite character in the whole series because of his loyalty and good heart, and I am glad that Sarah J. Maas did not let anything bad happened to him.

I really commend Sarah's hard work in building this amazing world and I like that we get to explore more of the world with the South Continent setting in this book. I also like seeing new characters and seeing their connections with the other characters from the previous book. In addition, I would like to thank Sarah J. Maas for the outstanding representation of disability in this book. The 7th and last book, Kingdom of Ash, comes out in a couple of months (October 23, 2018 to be specific) and I am excited and scared at the same time for the finale.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
What are your thoughts about Tower of Dawn?  Be sure to follow my social media accounts to see bookish stuffs or chat about books, or be reading buddies.

XOXO,


Isabel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Minute Easy Halloween Costume Ideas

GIVEAWAY: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab

New Release: The Temporary Wife by Catharina Maura