February and March 2019 Wrap Up (19 books)

Another month is over, which means it is time for my wrap up. I decided to combine my February and March wrap up because I was so busy in the beginning of March that I did not have the chance to do a blogpost about my February wrap up. Moving on, I have read 10 books in February and 9 books in March. I have currently read 26 of 100 books for my reading challenge this year and I am 2 books ahead of schedule, which I am proud of. 

Let us start with the books I read last February. I re-read 7 books this month and read 3 new books. Most of the books I read are contemporary stories.
1. Nothing Left to Lose by Kirsty Mosely (Re-read)

2. The Assassin's Guide to Love and Treason by Virginia Boecker 
I love the idea of the story but the execution lacked emotions. The story was also draggy and there were parts that did not keep me interested. I was not also invested with the characters. They feel one dimensional in a way that I could not relate to them and they did not bring out emotions as I was reading their point of views.
3. Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
This is a very cute story filled with adventures and personal growth. I did enjoy this book despite the serious journey the protagonist is going though the situation was still lightened by the comical actions and thoughts of the characters. 
4. When I'm Gone by Abbi Glines (Re-read)







This book was just okay. It was easy to read and quite entertaining, especially the conversation between the two main protagonist but I have read better books with similar storylines. 

Now, here is are the books I have read last month. I read 9 new books and 1 book was review and 1 book is my textbook in school, which I finished reading. 
I definitely enjoy every aspects of this book; the character, the writing, and the story. The characters are very dynamic and complex. I felt happy and frustrated reading their personal growth throughout the story, which is generally not a bad thing because it makes them round characters.
Check out my full review here

It is great and comprehensive regarding the grand theories in science of psychology 


This is a very unique love story and I love the representation in this book. The character development in this book is also great. It was realistic in a way that the character experiences bumps along the way. 
5. The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
Also, enjoyed the second book. The representation was also great. I loved reading about other cultures. Although, I prefer the main characters in the first book.
6. Son of the Dawn by Cassandra Clare
I love this novella since we get to read about how Isabelle and Alec Lightwood met Jace for the first time..
7. Slammed by Colleen Hoover
I love the this story and I am sucker for this kind of romance trope. I also like it was embedded with a lot of life lesson.

8. Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
Honestly, I live for the secondary characters in this book. I just love their group of friends.
9. This Girl by Colleen Hoover
It was nice seeing the point of view of Will and I like how it was presented in a different way. 

So that is the end of my wrap up for the month of February and March.
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................
What books should I read next? Be sure to follow my social media accounts to see bookish stuffs or chat about books, or be reading buddies.

XOXO,

Isabel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Minute Easy Halloween Costume Ideas

GIVEAWAY: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab

New Release: The Temporary Wife by Catharina Maura