Birthday Readathon 2019

This is my wrap up for my Birthday readathon, which I did last September 13-20, 2019. I decided to do this readathon because I have a lot of books on my TBR and I really want to read all of my books in my bookshelf before I buy more books. I think this is a good way for me to read a lot. It definitely helped me motivate myself into reading a lot this week. Also, I am going back to school so I wanted to read more before school starts because once I get back to school. I won't be able to read books as much as I want. So here is a weekly recap of my week.





Weekly Log: 
Day 1: September 13, 2019
The Trouble with Flirting by Claire LeZebnik  .......................  336 pages
Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco   .......................   135 pages

Day 2: September 14, 2019
Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco  .......................  309 pages
City of Ghost by Victoria Schwab  .......................  75 pages

Day 3: September 15, 2019
City of Ghost by Victoria Schwab  .......................  210 pages
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas  .......................  120 pages

Day 4: September 16, 2019
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas  .......................  192 pages

Day 5: September 17, 2019
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas  .......................  351 pages

September 18, 2019 
This was my rest day. It was my mom's birthday so I spent the whole day with her and my family. Therefore, I did not get the chance to read anything. 

Day 6: September 19, 2019 
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas  .......................  437 pages
The President is Missing by James Patterson and Bill Clinton  .......................  268 pages 

Day 7: September 20, 2019
The President is Missing by James Patterson and Bill Clinton  .......................  245 pages
Batman: Bride or Burglar  .......................  168 pages 

Books that I read:
The Trouble with Flirting by Claire LeZebnik 
I still like Epic Fail better. I just do not understand the actions and decision of the character in this book. This retelling is also a little off the mark for me. I also did not like Franny here. She complains a lot but does not do anything to resolve her problems. If only did the characters communicate better they would be able to avoid the conflicts. 




Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper #1)by Kerri Maniscalco
A wonderful ending to this amazing series. I am just sad that it is over. I guess it’s time for me to re-read the whole series again. I definitely recommend this series. The characters are so incredible. Audrey Rose is so bad ass. She is a strong female character that fights the norm of society, and I love her growth throughout the series. She has shown her vulnerability, which makes her relatable. While Thomas is so swoony. He respects Audrey's independence and allows her to grow. He is seen as this very confident man but I love that in this book explored more of his personality and that he is also insecure. I also love how despite each book has different focus but is connected to one another. 

City of Ghost by Victoria Schwab 
City of Ghost is middle grade novel and is a cross between Emily the Strange and The Ghost Whisperer.
👻
Victoria Schwab’s writing is very descriptive and lyrical, which adds a sort of realness while reading the story. It makes the reader feel like they are also exploring Scotland.
👻
I truly did enjoy this book immensely. It was a fast and entertaining read. Despite it’s gothic theme it does not feel heavy or dark to read. I felt like I was reading a Nancy Drew book. I cannot wait to read the second book Tunnel of Bones, which is set in Paris, France


Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas 
This is probably the hardest book that I read this week. I keep putting this book off and I decided that it is finally time to read. There were a lot of unnecessary parts that were not essential in the development of the story, which made the book a bit draggy to read. Nevertheless, it was a bittersweet ending. I almost cried during the sweet moment between Aelin, Dorian, and Chaol. It reminded me so much of Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight, and the growth of their relationship and their own personal growth. I am so happy with Chaol. He finally had the ending he deserves. 


The President is Missing by James Patterson and Bill Clinton
It is very different from what I expected based on the synopsis. The book is also fast paced and plot driven instead of character driven so there was no to little character development or growth. I like the politics and power struggle parts of the book. It also reads like a movie since it has a lot of dialogues, action packed, and the time frame is quick.


Batman, Volume 6: Bride or Burglar by Tom King 
I love the artwork but not much of the story.  This comprises of three story. The first one was good but the other two are lackluster. It was not my favorite take on Batman but I do like the growth of Batman and Catwoman's relationship.

Total books read: 6 
Total pages read: 2,726 
Average Rating: 3.8 
In the end, I did not get the chance to read and finish two books on my to be read pile for this readathon, which was Sorcery of Thorns and Circe. I would be doing another readathon but not anytime soon. Maybe during my next break, which would be on Christmas break. 
 ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Have you read any of these books? Please tell me below. Be sure to follow my social media accounts to see bookish stuffs or chat about books, or be reading buddies.

XOXO,
Bella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Minute Easy Halloween Costume Ideas

GIVEAWAY: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab

New Release: The Temporary Wife by Catharina Maura