June Wrap Up

I have read a total of nine books this month. I know it is not a lot compared last month because I am currently busy with a lot of things and I have been working out more frequently this month. I might make a blog post about it very soon, so stay tuned for that one. 


1. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
4 stars
I love the story and the characters. I was fun to read. I enjoyed reading it and I really see myself re-reading this in the future.

2. Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
3.5 stars

I had the opportunity to meet Leigh Bardugo in a signing here in Manila. And all I can say about this book is that I love the ending. I know some may not agree but I love how you have to lose something in order to gain something back. I love the politics and how it was written. The sense of humor, action and romance presented in the book were on point. My problems in this book was there were some parts that were predictable and there were some boring parts. Boring that I put the book down way to many times.

3. The Murder Complex by Lindsey Cummings
4 stars

The concept was great and how it was delivered by the author. The pacing was good that there were almost no boring parts. My problem was the romance it was to fast. I am not really a fan of sudden romance. Another problem for me was the characters they were not relatable. It was very hard for me to like the characters because I could not understand their point of views.

Moreover, I really enjoyed reading this. It's action pack and I would definitely watch this book if it turns into a movie.

4. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
4.5 stars

I love greek and roman mythology so it I enjoyed this very much. The pacing was good and the story was very interesting that I would not stop reading it. I love the characters and they were very relatable in a way that they deal with issues that most teens deals with even though they are demigods. The plot twist was very predictable but it is a very good plot twist that it would change your outlook on the percy jackson and the olympians series.

5. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
4.5 stars

This book makes me want to be an assassin. It's action pack and has a little romance and comedy in the side to make this book interesting. The world building was great and the characters were very likeable.

6. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
3 stars

This book is good enough to make me read the next book. The characters were a bit hard for me to like but in the end I ended up liking a few (WILL HERONDALE). It lacks qualities that would make it interesting rather than being boring, which I found the book to be. But I liked the concept but I not really hooked on the story yet that I am willing to read the next book to understand the hype over this trilogy.

7. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
5 stars

I always thought the second book of a trilogy or series were the boring ones in the trilogy or series (like Torment by Lauren Kate, New Moon by Stephanie Meyer, etc...) But this book proved my theory wrong. This book is even better than the first one.

This book made me feel a lot of things like love, fun, adventure, and despair. This book broke me!!!! The tragedies! oh the humanity! (hahaha I always wanted to use this line after watching the movie heathers) Moving on (there is no moving on in this book !!!) crown of midnight will make your emotions unstable with the plot twists.

P.S I am still rooting for Chaol!!!!!!

8. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K Rowling
Re-read for a million times and it was still as awesome as when I read it that first time.

That is all what I read in the month of June.
 For daily updates please follow me on:
XOXO,
Isabel Samonte

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab

Last Minute Easy Halloween Costume Ideas

New Release: The Temporary Wife by Catharina Maura