January 2017 Wrap Up



Books I've read 

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake 
- About 100 pages in and I was still confuse.
- Lack Luster Characters
- Slow Pacing
- But that ending tho!!!!

Breakup Anniversary by Dawn Lanuza 
It is a cute and easy in between book read because it is short and fun to read.

Rescued by Love by Melissa Foster

- What can I say Melissa Foster has done it again. She has given the world another sexy and romantic book for us to enjoy.
- I think that this is the BEST book that I have read from Melissa Foster. She has matured as a writer and it is evident in this book.
- The characters now, such as Addison and Jake, have more dimensions that I got to really know them after reading this book.

Read my full review here

Saw Her Standing There by Patrick Formanes 

- This book is so refreshing.
- It is different from other contemporary young adult books that I have read in a way that it is written in a very realistic way.
- It is a book that is relatable, especially to teenagers like me because the conversation between the characters is what the teens are also discussing about which is love, sex, and relationships (And Food in the case of Rob).
- The dynamic and conversations between the characters is so good.

Read my full review here 
 

Keeping the Distance by Clarisse David

- The story of Lance and Melissa is so sweet and fun to read.
- I love the bad enemies to lovers and forbidden love tropes imbibed in this novel.
- Melissa is a protagonist with many layers. She hides her true self by showing a different character due to the fact his father is the principal in their school and is very strict.
- Then Lance comes along and helps her break free from the constrains she has on herself.

Read my full review here 
 

Keep The Faith by Ana Tejano 

- This book has so many feels despite being a short book. 
- The story plays with the office romance troupe with Faith and Nico both working as community development workers. 
- The author did an marvellous job in the Characterization of Faith. 


Read my full review here 



Shadow Queen by C.J Redwine



- I love retellings.
- There was never a dull moment with this book.
- It is action and romance pack.
- Plus the characters were very diverse but they have a strong dynamic with one another.

Read my full review here 
 


The Wish Granter by C.J Redwine 

- This is a retelling of Rumpelstiltskin.
- I like how the author included Rumpelstiltskin's background story because it made me pity him for what has happened to him in the past but at the same time hate him for the bad things he has done.


Read my full review here




The Art of Shifting Gears by Chi Yu Rodriguez 
- This book is very well-written.
- Rae is a character that everyone can relate to. She is very passionate about the things and people she loves, she is very sensitive, and like everybody else she goes through ups and downs. You can see her development and how she matures from the start of the book to the end. This just shows how the author has a talent for creating realistic characters that you will love or hate.


Read my full review here


Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland 
- There were parts that seems unnecessary in the development of the story.
- There were draggy and boring parts
- I love the characters and how they interact with one another.  



Moonlight on Nightingale Way by Samantha Young 

- As always I love the character by Samantha Young but this story has the same repetitive elements as the other books in the series.




Books I've re-read 

The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines


The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines 


Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young



Echoes on Scotland Street by Samantha Young 



XOXO,
Isabel 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab

Last Minute Easy Halloween Costume Ideas

New Release: The Temporary Wife by Catharina Maura