Jennifer Niven Book Signing Event


I arrived in SM Megamall at around 6am and I met up with my twitter friends. I had so much fun waiting with them because we talked about a lot of bookish stuff that made the waiting bareable.


With (Avy) @MorganMatsonPH, (Karen)@WinnersPH, & (Pam)@ThrnsAndAll
With (Karen)@WinnersPH, & (Pam)@ThrnsAndAll
They let us in for the registration early, around 9am and the event started around two pm. I almost cried because all of the emotions from reading All the Bright Places came back to me when Jennifer Niven arrived at the event and I'm not the only one. I think it was an emotional day for everyone due to the All the Bright Places being a relatable and exceptionally sad book. Also, it was so sorrowful when Jennifer talked about her inspiration for this book because this situation happened to her and a boy she loved. To add, I love how she made the book more personal and real by creating the aspects of the book into a reality just like the Germ Magazine and http://www.eleanorandviolet.com.


In the end, meeting Jennifer was a surreal experience because All the Bright Places was one of the book that really made an impact in my life and it made me realize a lot of things about myself that I didn't know before. She was so nice and sincere. I'm just thankful that she creates books that deals with a lot of social issues that are not normally tackled, and I cannot wait for her next book Holding Up The Universe because the female protagonist is plus size and I haven't encountered a lot of young adult female characters that are on the bigger side, so it is a nice change. 
Almost there...

I'm so happy !!!!!

With the beautiful Jennifer Niven

Thank you so much Jennifer Niven, National Bookstore, and Penguin Random House for making this event possible. 


What was your favorite moment or experience during the event? 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More about Jennifer Niven

Reminder!
Holding Up The Universe is available on October 4, 2016.

XOXO,
Isabel 

Comments

  1. I would like to check out a few of these. I am not big on romantic stuff, but I’d like to give “The Statistical Probability of a Love at First Sight” by Jennifer E. Smith, a try. I am meeting a few friends for party in one of the event space NYC has. Maybe I’ll ask them for a recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab

Last Minute Easy Halloween Costume Ideas

New Release: The Temporary Wife by Catharina Maura