May Wrap Up


The first book I read in the month of
may is at the top of the
stack. While the last book
I read is at the bottom.
I have read a total of 22 books, which is the most book I've read in a month. And as compared to my April Wrap I'd say I did a pretty good job. I am also proud to have accomplished my May TBR challenge.


1. The Dark Divine - Bree Despain
2 stars 

I like the concept of the plot but I did not like how it was delivered by the author. And the characterization was not appealing to me. 


2. The Hardy Boys Graphic Novel #4: Malled
2 stars 

It was not really exciting or as intriguing like to other Hardy Boys book I have read. 


3. Trese #3: Mass Murder – Kajo Baldisimo
4 stars 

I love how it tells us the origins of Alexandra Trese and how she become what see is right now. 


4. Ready Player One – Ernest Cline
5 stars

click the link for my full review



5. Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets – J.K Rowling

I decided to re-read the Harry Potter series again because I bought a new copy.

6. The Heir – Kiera Cass
3.5 stars 
click the link for my full review


7. Shadow and Bone – Leigh Bardugo
3 stars
I'll be making a review of the whole trilogy as soon as read the last book. So stay tuned for that one. 


8. Unravel Me – Tahereh Mafi
3 stars 

The beginning was a bit slow for me and Juliette was irritating in some parts of the novel. 


9. The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
5 stars 

This was just an emotional rollercoaster ride. I love the concept of how it was narrated and how it was written. 

10. Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s stone – J.K Rowling
*re-read* 

11. Me, Earl and The Dying Girl – Jesse Andrews
4 stars 

I like the Humour of this book and the characters were funny, likeable and relatable. 
It's a quick read and it has a fast pace. 


12. Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban– J.K Rowling
*re-read*

This is my favorite book of the series. 

13. Ignite Me - Tahereh Mafi
4.5 stars

It's funny, thrilling and romantic. What can you ask for in a book? Plus, The development of each character of the book was incredible, especially Juliette. I just wished there was more to the ending. The ending was so abrupt that you can't help asking what happens next. 


14. Fan girl – Rainbow Rowell
3 stars 

I love the development the character goes through but I was just keep looking for something more and something that would make this book different with other contemporary books. 


15. Rebel Belle – Rachel Hawkins
3 stars 

The main character was just too whiny and unrelatable. I keep comparing this book with Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram, which I think is better. 

16. Miss Mayhem – Rachel Hawkins 
3.5 stars 

The main character (Harper Price) is better now. She is a little bit relatable and likable now.


17. The Probability of Miracles – Wendy Wunder
2 stars.

The characters were unrelatable. You did not see the relationship between the characters and the development of the characters and their relationship with one another. Nevertheless, It redeemed itself in the ending.


18. Broken Juliet – Leisa Rayven
2.5 stars 

The main characters were just too annoying for my taste.


19. The Wrong Side of Right - Jenn Marie Thorne
4 stars 

I love development of the characters in this story and how the problem was tackled throughout the book.


20. Siege and Storm – Leigh Bardugo
4 stars 


21. All I Ever Need Is You – Bella Andre
2.5 stars 

Typical Bella Andre book. Same kind of story with different characters. 



22. Red Queen – Victoria Averyard
4 stars 

I love the concept of this book and how it was delivered by the author. I also like the characters and the flow of the book, which is not draggy. It really captures and captivates the reader from the start till the end of the book. And I cannot wait to read the sequel. 


So that is all what I read in for the month of May. I know I read a lot of book this month it's because it summer and I had a lot of catching up to do because I didn't get the chance to read as much as I would like when I was in school. 

For daily updates please follow me on:  
XOXO,
Isabel Samonte

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIVEAWAY: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab

Last Minute Easy Halloween Costume Ideas

New Release: The Temporary Wife by Catharina Maura